Vì ta cần nhau (We Need Each Other) is originally the name of Thanh Chung’s blog, where the first members/founders of the group found one another. They share the sympathy and willingness to lend a helping hand to disadvantaged children and people in Vietnam.
At the time of its establishment, the group only had eleven members, yet after only one year, the membership expanded to over hundreds of people.
Vì ta cần nhau aims at giving support to children in the mountainous areas and children who live in difficult social and economic situations.
The group raises funding and support by:
- Writing articles to receive public and monetary support before each project;
- Collecting second-hand clothes, textbooks, and books;
- Selling cosmetics, jewelry, clothes, shoes, etc. that the group has received through donations.
In 2012, Thanh Chung – one of the group founders – donated all of the money generated from the sales of her second book, Bay qua giấc mơ (Flying through Dreams), in order to further support the implementation of different charity projects.
During the same year, the group received nearly 470 millions VND, equal about 22,000 USD in monetary funding from people worldwide. This number is not including hundreds of boxes of second hand clothes, shoes, textbooks, books, and toys that were donated to the group and sorted by its members to appropriately distribute to disadvantaged children.
During the period of two years since its establishment, Vì ta cần nhau has independently and jointly organized many trips to schools in remote areas such as Sìn Hồ (Lai Châu province), Nậm Mười, Suối Giàng (Yen Bai province), Kim Bon – Phù La (Son La province), Pa Vỉ – Mèo Vạc (Ha Giang province), Xéo Dì Hồ – Mù Cang Chải (Yen Bai province). Apart from bringing warm clothes and textbooks, the group has also supported certain schools by building water tanks, kitchens, classrooms; as well as providing desks, school supplies, and sleeping bags. Vì ta cần nhau divided donation and support projects based on the studies of the schools’ actual needs.
Vì ta cần nhau as an entity is active both in the North and South Vietnam. Members in the South Vietnam show their enthusiasm by holding fundraising activities, collecting second hand clothes and textbooks, and organizing visits to childcare centers in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City.
No matter where you are in the world, you can support Vì ta cần nhau’s missions by:
- Being a member of our group;
- Spreading awareness of the group by sharing our facebook, websites and articles with your family and friends;
- Asking your friends and colleagues to collect clothes, textbooks, books, toys, etc for school children.
- Buying books and other items that have been donated to Vì ta cần nhau.
- Sending cheques or donate through the Vì ta cần nhau bank account.
Bank account details:
Hanoi: Account holder’s name – Hứa Thị Bích Thuỷ (tel: +84-90-329-6398). Account number: 168045489. Bank: ACB, Cửa Nam Branch, Hà Nội.
Ho Chi Minh City: Account holder’s name – Đặng Thị Trường Giang (tel: +84-90-307-9171). Account number: 167891699. Bank: ACB, Ho Chi Minh city Branch.
For further information, please contact us via:
- Ms. Ngô Anh Thơ (Hà Nội): +84 915228457
- Ms. Đặng Tuyết Anh (Hà Nội): + 84 914558472
- Ms. Hứa Thị Bích Thuỷ (Hà Nội): +84-90-329-6398
- Ms. Nguyễn Kim Thanh (Hồ Chí Minh City): +84 903753636
- Đặng Thị Trường Giang (HCM chity): +84-90-307-9171